Monday, February 6, 2012

Drunk talk around the world

The first night I was in Granada, I went to the most expensive hotel, and hit the hotel lounge's happy hour, from 3-5, where you get 2 for 1 drinks. I just had one order (= 2 drinks). I might not be able to afford a night at the hotel, but I can afford 2 hours of air conditioning and people watching. I had a vodka martini with 3 olives. I forgot to say dry, or hold the vermouth. I am not a fan of vermouth in my vodka. They mixed a very nice wet martini. Delish!

I also got to spend 1 hour practicing my poor spanish. One of the local university students, some guy named Noland Aleman (he showed me his I.d.) attempted to hit on me. The kid was just 23. I told him I was old enough to be his mother. He was friends with the bartender. I know the kid had 5 free drinks, so he probably couldn't see how old I was. We talked for an hour - I learned he had a crush on a German girl, that he wants to travel to Europe, that he had to wait until 9 pm to go back home to his pueblo because the rates are lower in the evening etc... My Spanish is poor but I am a good drunk talker.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Ave Vega,Granada,Nicaragua

1 comment: