Monday, September 28, 2009

Kutna Hora

Today we took a train to the village of Kutna Hora, about 1 hour from Prague. This village as an ossuary - a Catholic chapel made out of the sculls and bones of over 40,000 people who died form the Black Plague. Once I am able I will download and post the photos - think of the cambodian killing fields made into religious artwork. It was insane - literally. I have never seen anything that grotesque in my life.
w
Afterward we spent a wonderful day walking around this village. There are many beeautiful cathedrals, shops and cobblestone paths. Today was also a state holiday that of Saint Wenceslas. The weather was warm and sunny, perfect for walking.

Yesterday we took it easy. WE slept in and then went to Ian's school to see a photo exibition. The photos were all world events form 2008, from award winning photographers. The subjects included Obama's election, the earthquate in China, the Olimpics, and the Mumbai attacks.

Tonight I am taking it easy alone while everyone else is going to a regga concert. I am just too tired.

We leave for Poland in 2 days - on Wednesday morning. Pete and Ihave a 9 hour trian to Poznan. Joe is staying with the 2 CAnadia gals and going to Berlin.

1 comment:

  1. Joe sounds like a lucky guy. Maybe I should get a lootus toota, i'm sorry, a lotus tatoo on my foot. John D

    ReplyDelete