Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mi Tica familia pt 2

I am getting to know my Tica mama better. She is a wonderful warm hearted women, but wound up pretty tight. She is losing her hair due to stress. It sounds like stress includes family and friends,and the responsibilities of being a matriarch. Last night she cooked and hosted for 19, and this was just a Wednesday. Tonight she is running an AA meeting, which, it appears she does numerous nights a week. With my cover of being a dedicated runner and very studious student, I have been able to avoid too much interaction and conversation with the hangers in and out.

She is very attentive to my needs; she makes me breakfast and dinner everyday, and does my laundry. I have not experienced this since I was maybe 10 years old. I have tried to make things easy for her by being a worry free guest. I always tell her where I am going and when I will be back, and I stick to it. I know that reliability takes away stress, and that is the one thing I can do for her.

1 comment: