Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 2.5ish....and a half....bottle of wine...

So our second day in France started out really well.... I ate a pile of ham and 5 sausages for free at the hotel, and all were delicious!!!

Hugh and I then went for a walk around Metz, which is a very beautiful village. hugh said it looked like a huge Trencin (Slovakia), a very euro village with a cathedral.

We went to the Office of Yourism and bought a driving map of France, walked the farmer's market and bought homemade tartes for a lunch later, took photos, window shopped...

We bought a euro telephone so we did not suffer from excessive roaming charges on my USA phone - which was working fine! We talked to our family and friends who were in Paris and arranged to meet up for dinner in Caen..... then things got uncomfortable.......

First, I got cramps, the female blood I want to die cramps. I took a pill. Then we hit Paris traffic. Then we drove around Paris 2x - we saw the Eifffel tower 2x - that clued us in that we missed our exit. Then I started bleeding in the car, in bumper to bumper traffic. Then the toilet had no paper, and the automatic floor cleaner (because this was a traditional hole in the ground toilet) started flooding the stale, and the door was open so all could see me sticking my finger up where the freeway should not see, while dancing on one leg, and throwing my other pants across the stales to not get wet...

Thank god that I brought wet-wipe hand towels to clean all the debris....

And then we ate our tartes and my new euro phone worked perfectly, and we meet up with our family and friends and had a fabulous 5 wine dinner!!!!!

And tomorrow we are going to Utah Beach and St. Mont Michel!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment