Friday, December 19, 2014

Track #5 - Ben Lomond

Today's tramp was up Ben Lomond, summit 1748 meters, 5,000+ feet, trail from Queenstown to summit and back, appx 12 miles round trip. I did not touch the summit, but made it to about 50 yards from the top. The scramble to the top was a little too scary without my trekking poles, loose rock covered in fog. But I made the whole climb. I did not get views from the top due to the heavy fog cover. But I did get great views from lower down the ridge.

Ben Lomond from below:


I make it to the fog level. You can see where I turned around in this photo - where the fog hits the ridge. Ben Lomond from the start of the ridge climb:


Views of Lake Wakatipu from trail:





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Searle Lane,Queenstown,New Zealand

1 comment: